[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
VGOPlayers • View topic - Can Presence be raised when on the Isle of Dawn?
Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:04 pm 

I noticed this evening that diplomacy is working, and it was fun trying to remember how to play it from those times years ago when I used to enjoy it.

I remember that Presence is increased by grinding out Civic diplomacy parleys, but noticed I wasn't getting any boost to it at all. It could be that the emulator has not implemented that yet (if so, that's fine). However, my character is still on the Isle of Dawn and it could also be that it was never possible to gain presence when still there. I just cannot remember now.

Anyone know?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am 

I notice noone was able to answer this.

However, I have since been elsewhere in New Telon, and it appears presence cannot be raised at all (anywhere) at the moment, so the point about IoD appears to be moot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 pm 

I believe you could gain presence in live, I'd have to check my logs. But presence from parleys was extremely rare. But I see no reason why you wouldn't get it on IOD in live.

I don't believe we have it implemented yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 pm 
Vanguard Community Manager

Nice, thanks for finding that! Our goal is to make New Telon as close to live as possible, so these tidbits of info are tremendously helpful for us.

Thanks!

Moldew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:04 am 

Presence was one of the things I think Sigil/SoE never talked about, so no one knows for sure how it increased. People tend to see patterns where they don't exist easily, so if one person did a dozen or two parleys and noticed it seemed to increase after the NPC didn't get any points, they think that's the pattern. Then they tell someone and that person repeats it as fact, and it spreads.

Whether it was or not, who knows. Unless we can find information directly from Sigil/SoE talking about the system, it's all speculation. The best we can do is get logs of someone doing tons of diplo and look at the overall patterns and make an educated guess. Even with that though, there's other variables we may not know, such as exactly how the parley went for that player.

And even with all that, there's still the random element. Most things in game have at least some kind of random number behind it, so one log could have a run of good rolls, and another log have bad rolls. Honestly we'd need logs of thousands of parleys, along with knowledge of how each one went for the player, to even try and determine the actual pattern.

Now, as for how it'll be set up in the Emulator, we haven't gotten to that point yet. We could potentially set it up so you're more likely to get increases if the NPC gets few/no points during the parley. It would make some sense that way too, the better you do the more they approve of you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:19 pm 

Last edited by Feanturi on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 pm