[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
VGOPlayers • View topic - Welcome to your new home!
Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:53 am 

I just found out about this and gotta say I am a bit excited.
I'm at work right now so I can't download the client and test this out. Is this thing still alive?!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:08 pm 

Still alive? Well, it's actually not been born yet. That's a horrible analogy. The developers are working really hard on the code still, there's not much for the players to do except run around and test what they've got so far. There's not much that's really playable /yet/. Unfortunately it will be a wait as this is a labor of love done in people's free time. But I'm hoping it'll be worth the wait when we have a playable game!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:00 am 

Great to hear the wheels are still rolling. I just created an account today and had my first run thru Halgarad in years!

Can't wait to craft again, do harvest runs and such.

It's funny cuz even tho i've been away for almost 5 years, i still remember where all the diff tier res are - it's just stuck in my head. I know exactly where to go :)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:05 pm 
Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:26 am 

Howdy
I played VG:SoH since before alpha. I was fortunate enough to know a developer (from EQOA days) who worked at Sigil and got me into the Friends and Family testing.
I am so glad to see this happening =D
This web site brings back so many good memories, can't wait until I have a chance to get into the game world!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:01 pm 

I just found out about this project. I would love to play this game again. I loved my Bard more than any character and any game ever. Making my whole party invisible, and super fast was great. I am a total noob here, but my understanding is we are just waiting on the developers to finish building the game correct? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:44 am 
Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:42 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:35 am 

Heya, Korogg

What version of the Vanguard client are you running? To get the emulator to work, you'll need a fairly late version of the client. I think the official emu stance is to get the last patched version before sunset. However, I run one that was last patched a few months before sunset. Other patch levels might work, but I don't think anyone really knows which versions work, other than that most late (i.e. spring-summer 2014) versions seem to work.

If you've got a late version, then your problem might be that Sat, June 20th was the day the emu cut over to a new patcher. Also, the login server and the world server were both offline for parts of yesterday.

If you don't have a recent version of the client, check out the Dev Forums link on the left. That's actually where most of the activity is in the emu. There are also links to the latest patcher in the Announcements forum over there.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:55 pm 
Advisor

Added: Both the launcher and client downloads are to the left

Play VG:SOH downloads the new launcher
Downloads->Clients links to the full VGClient download (large)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next