[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
VGOPlayers • View topic - REQUIRED: LaunchPad 2.5 Released
Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:12 pm 
Advisor

Due to us having to relocate the VGOEmulator project to new hosting, I was forced to prematurely release the LaunchPad 2.5 product before it has been fully tested - however, without it, no one will find the new servers :(

For those who installed 2.0, I recommend you Uninstall that product before continuing!

You remove the ClickOnce application just like you would remove any other program: Go to Start->Control Panel->Uninstall a program, locate "Launchpad" by VGOEmulator.net, and Uninstall it.

Download the 2.5 version from the "Play VG:SOH" link on the left (or here: DOWNLOAD LAUNCHER)

The Great News!
This new launchpad was designed from feedback from players, so there are many new features and the most important part is you can place the exe and required DLL anywhere on your system (I recommend your main \Vanguard folder overwriting the existing SOE LaunchPad.exe).

A quick list of changes:

- NO INSTALLER! Yes!
The previous installer was set up to provide regular updates (ClickOnce, auto-updating) but so many people hated having no say on where things got installed, it became a nuisance. Hearing the community cries, I made LaunchPad 2.5 a stand-alone app - meaning you just unzip and run.

- Dynamic Login/Launcher URI support
This lesson taught me to stop hard-coding URLs and IP addresses ;) so now LaunchPad 2.5 will follow VGOEmulator.net wherever it wanders off to.

- Multi-client support
Each Account you add to LaunchPad 2.5 can have it's own separate Vanguard folder (Ratief suggested this). You can Edit "Client Paths" for each account in Options->Clients

- Hide Unavailable Servers
Sick of seeing red, dead servers? Go to Options and check "Hide Unavailable Servers" - now only happy green ones will appear (note this also hides Locked servers you do not have access to)

- Better ServerList Refreshes
There is now a Refresh button on the server list to ask for an updated list of servers from the login services. Also throughout navigating the app, reloads have been made a little faster.

- Tons of performance tweaks
Too many little things to mention, but it makes me feel important to say that.

- Known Issues:
There are still some outstanding bugs with multiple accounts and server selections; when it doubt, switch accounts or refresh the list

The app starts up and will sometimes fail to draw completely right away while it's off fetching the LoginServer status. This is not a threaded app (didn't think it needed that) but maybe in a future release I can make it smoother.

If there are any glaring defects that prevent a LARGE number of players from using LaunchPad 2.5, Xinux knows how to get ahold of me to beg for a fix. I won't leave you all hanging; you have to be able to at least play the game :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:21 am 

I was thrilled to see 2.5 because I haven't been able to actually create a character yet with 2.0.
I could select class and race and name them, but clicking either option for starting city just recycled it back a step no matter what options I had used.

2.5 allows me to select one, but then just sits there. I can zoom in/out and rotate the screen to look at the character, but it never Loads into the New Telon server, and using ESC - menu to log out, shows that the character was not saved.

Is there something I'm missing that was not mentioned in the above guide?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:32 am 

Only thing i can think is try downloading the client from one of the mega links. Other then that maybe create a new account.

http://wiki.vgoemulator.net/Docs/Guides:VGClient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:59 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:39 am 

For what it's worth, I found this same problem when trying to create a character on New Telon. Everything worked fine on Apocalypse.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:02 pm 

Can you both shoot me a pm with your account username and password so i can try creating characters as you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:37 pm 

Same problem :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:54 am 

Hi! I am getting this message when i try to open client.
"Invalid configuration or configuration changes detected. Please reconfigure your launchpad on the next screen??

What am i doing wrong?