Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

Post subject: New here Hi!~
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:58 pm 

I'm no returning vet from your game, but ive played world of warcraft for years upon years and looking for something fresh, so i went to google and this game popped up but it no longer exists.. so exploring i came across this website and I'm here to ask if i may explore and test as well? Thank you <3 ~Typhoon

Post subject: Re: New here Hi!~
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 pm 
Vanguard Community Manager

Hi Typhoon,

As you know, Vanguard was shut down about 3 years ago and a dedicated team of fans has been recreating this emu ever since. Much has been done, yet there is still much more to do.

You can talk to the devs via IRC in-game or via your IRC client of choice. We also have active forums here and at vgoemulator.net. Devs and GMs are typically online daily. We're always looking for more programmers, scripters, testers, and people to pass the word... :)

The client can be downloaded from here: http://vgoplayers.com/downloads.php?tab=client
The launcher from here: http://vgoplayers.com/playvg/index.htm

Welcome, see you in New Telon!

Moldew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 am 

Adding to this: I have had this emulator installed for a long time now but it has been a while since i have played with it. Is the game to a point yet where i can successfully start questing at lvl 1 and be successful? I remember at the time most spells didn't work, quests were not really implemented, loot drop was very out of wack and there were not many people on. I used to love this game so much but was wondering if it is still in that state or if i were to login would i find it very playable at the starting levels? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:15 am 

yes there is alot of stuff that is working and working verywell im playing through the dwarf starting and there is lots too do :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:49 pm 
Vanguard Community Manager

I suggest looking through this post http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3002 - it will tell what's done/being worked on/what not to look at/etc...

If you're looking for a game to play with your 100 closest friends, we're not there yet. If you want to help test the daily updates, report bugs, and maybe even help rebuild New Telon, we'd love to have you! No experience needed - just the desire and commitment to help...

Moldew