[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
VGOPlayers • View topic - Combat - Phase 1 Testing
Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

Post subject: Combat - Phase 1 Testing
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 am 
Advisor

All,

We have enabled basic combat on New Telon as of this morning. This is just the beginning of the combat implementation, and while we hope there are no crashes, it would be best to expect some and be patient while we sort them out. What I'm after this weekend is to get as many people in there whacking on things to see what bugs come up, if any.

This is just a test, so log in and give 'em hell. Let us know your thoughts here.

Dev Post

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:49 pm 

Wow is all i can say.... even killing low lvl mobs is better than none at all! Okay enough gushing here is the only thing i found wrong. Say you target the waspling and you happen to get within his attack range if you stand still and turn toward the bug to hit him when he aggros you recieve a message saying you cannot see your target. easily fixed by running a circle around him and getting a better position. other than that tho everything was great :D I know first world problems, amirite? anyways thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 pm 
Advisor

Thanks, Mz. This should be fixed on New Telon now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:02 pm 

no problem! and also tested it out and it works beautifully... with the exception of my stupidity lol. gotta remember that even tho i think im a badass, I am not in fact a badass. and also have to remember not to attack the giant guys in stiirhad lol. That dragon destroys me in 4 hits lol. everything is going as planned so far as i see :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:18 pm 

It's an epiphany.

I got some of the "Can't see", "Too far away", and the arrow in the rangefinder jumping around, but mostly it all goes pretty well. Really nice to smell the coffee now with this!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:23 am 

A couple of observations:
The aggro range of the mobs is huge. I pulled like 5 wasps by mistake and died pretty quick.
Attacking mobs is a little difficult, you need to be right on top of them. Half a step back and you do no damage, too close and you can't see target. It can be a little difficult to find that sweet spot.

Special abilities don't work. Just hack and slash atm.

Wow, it feels great to be in Telon again!! Thanks guys for all your efforts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:55 pm 
Advisor

You're very welcome!
As for Combat, it is so new to us all, a lot of tuning needs to happen. This is why we ask for no /bugs in the bug tracker, but we'll take all the feedback you can give on these (and the Dev) forums for sure.

As for the aggro range, I can tune that back a bit. I'll work on that next while applying updates. The hit box range though should be pretty solid. I'll check it out, and we can report it to the developer for further investigation.

Thanks for giving it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:23 am 

Test Area: Tursh Newby Area
Target(s): Undead farmers, grave gorgers

I noticed that there appears to be a dead zone between NNE and East. When facing a direction within that range, I would receive a "cannot see target" error. The affected range seemed inconsistent and appeared unrelated to the target's orientation, but always fell within the overall NNE to East range. For example, on some mobs I might only receive the error between NNE and NE, while others might receive the error over the entire NNE to East range.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:33 pm 

Yep getting the same "Cant see target" error when facing in the N to E quadrant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:05 pm 
Advisor

Interesting discovery. I know our FacingArc() code is completely prototype, so it could very well be some bad math or something we haven't considered yet. I'll be sure zippyzee sees this.

Thank you