Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:03 pm 

One more vote for the NE issue and range arrow jumping bug (Vulmane Bard, starting village).
The attack range seems to be alright, just if you face NE (this is true only when you position your character facing NE. If you start the combat and just rotate the camera without moving the character, there is no issue), you automatically get cannot see target. Other compass directions seem to not cause issues at all.
In addition, if you initiate the combat with a skill, the animation plays and you actually see a hit on the target (visual effect and sound), BUT it is not being reported as you hitting the target. Basically no damage is done and combat is not initiated. In order to start combat, you have to actually right-click (auto-attack) the target.

P.S: Not sure if items, player stats and skills are even worth discussing at this stage, but for the record items do not give any stats and skills (lvl 1 bard), while activating, playing animation and hitting, do not actually modify damage (as mentioned also above).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:09 pm 

No, gear doesn't seem to affect you, it looks like your stats just fluctuate by level.

I found the same thing. Abilities don't start combat, but in combat I can use Vexing Strike or cast Bursting Cyst and they both appear to roll as another auto attack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:29 pm 

From what I understand, combat is all auto-attack right now. You can click your abilities, but they don't really do anything towards combat right now.

As for attributes, I believe the devs are looking into that as well, so it's not fully implemented.

So really what you can do is go engage mobs with auto attack and hope you kill them before they kill you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:46 pm 

I tried a few alts, and some of them are blocked from using any abilities.

Blood Mage happens to look like it can buff and use an attack spell. It could be just the Bursting Cyst animation played over the auto attack timer, either way, damage ticks while casting it, that did not come from a weapon swing.

But we have all the basics: I can attack, kill or be killed, and loot stuff. None of the numbers, stats, etc. are meaningful except for your resource pools.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:53 am 

Auto attack as a Psionicist on Fribbit Frogwell in Khal. Animation is smooth. I did have the NE can not see target issue occasionally. Auto attack would also stop randomly or if I rotated slightly to the left or right.
1 occasion of the loot window having a single loot item. Loot it and the window refilled with a new single loot item which I looted.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:49 am 

I noticed yesterday one of my attacks on my disciple uses vitality now. Though I don't think it actually does extra damage above autoattack. All of the animations actually work now instead of giving the "this ability has no animation assigned to it" notice. Also noticed my jin counter is "working" although I have a whopping 51 jin now. Oh yeah and ding 50 btw. hehe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:50 am 

There were news about switching different versions of the emu due to bug. Noticed that some abilities now do work. Played as a dwarven paladin and the initial ability did work, just instead of adding 6 damage, it added 50.
Auto-attacks work smoothly though with animations and everything.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:28 am 

Hi, I have been playing the last few days. only reall constant issue I am seeing is los being lost. seems to be when the mobs are at higher or lower than me as others have stated.
Also its great to see the world again, thanks for the great work :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:46 am 

Man, the state of the game makes me wish this emu was fully ready to go.

I do have a question: Do you plan to set up the server like it was before F2P happened? It was a much better game then, and even more fun (read: like EverQuest) if you chose to start in your hometown instead of the IOD. After F2P where everyone could do everything, start anywhere, was gifted a bunch of high powered noob equipment, it took the fun out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:15 pm 
Vanguard Community Manager

VGO's Official Design Plan: http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1631