Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

Post subject: Extended Outages
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:44 pm 
Advisor

To anyone who knows how to read:

I am anticipating, though hoping to avoid, extended periods of down time in the next 2 weeks. I am having major construction done at the VGO Command Center (aka, my house) which will likely require periods of power and/or internet service outages.

I'll do what I can to keep it to a minimum, but if you get a Page Not Found anytime between Fri Sep 18 and Fri Sep 25 2015, do not panic. We'll be back.

There will be another period of outages as the roof is being torn off my home to replace it with a spiffy new one, but that will happen sometime mid-October. I'll warn you about that one, too.

As always, thanks for your patience.

Post subject: Re: Extended Outages
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:15 pm 

Honestly.. if you need to take it offline for personal reasons it shouldnt be an issue for anyone imo. We appreciate that you keep the project alive. Do what you need to do and bring it back up when you can.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 pm 
Advisor

Just a heads up; I will be bringing everything down over this coming weekend to perform much needed maintenance, upgrades, and restructuring of my internal network, as well as separating the game server databases from the webserver database. Hopefully this will improve performance, and will not be down for more than a few hours, if that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 pm 
Advisor

Thanks for the patience during that 4 hour outage! The web services are the first to come back up, though I have many things to reconfigure still - so some of the Portal modules may not function right away (I split the MySQL Databases as part of the updates).

I will get VGOEmulator running first (sorry, EQ2Emu, but you wanted a new server so I am still building it :)) so Launcher, New Telon and Targonor should be alive shortly.

Still, there may be moments of disconnect throughout the remainder of this weekend as I update and reboot stuff.