Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

Post subject: The Bard
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:34 am 

Me and My brother have been playing Vanguard since it first came out in beta and were super excited to find out about this emulator, the progress is great, however, we have been testing all the classes playability up to lvl 50 and the bard has use of little to no abilities including his music, the disciple, and rogue, cannot use more than half there abilities after lvl 10, and the ranger cant use a majority of his abilities including the bow attacks

Post subject: Re: The Bard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:43 pm 

Songbook functionality has just gotten started. The actual songs may be the hardest thing to implement. 1-10 is where most of the development has been. Limited number of people able to create stuff, all on a volunteer basis. So for example. Blood Mage had a lot of things working, then there was a code change pertaining to DoTs, and no one has been around to update the class since then. A few classes are slightly more fleshed out, however, testing is only relevant for the things that have been implemented so far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:12 am 

Amnath wrote:
Songbook functionality has just gotten started. The actual songs may be the hardest thing to implement. 1-10 is where most of the development has been. Limited number of people able to create stuff, all on a volunteer basis. So for example. Blood Mage had a lot of things working, then there was a code change pertaining to DoTs, and no one has been around to update the class since then. A few classes are slightly more fleshed out, however, testing is only relevant for the things that have been implemented so far.

Very true, as for the bard, songs, stances and about 1/4 of the abilities don't work.
I main a bard and by just questing, using gear i should use normally I have made it to lvl 12 (probably could have been a higher lvl but working on 2 ui's)

For anything not working, give it time. Its the holiday season and most mmo's take years and years to make. Just keep coming back and check in on what your interested in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:37 pm 

I'm watching. :)