Community My Account Help
Community Forums

Register Login

Post subject: PvP Server
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:02 am 

Is there currently a PvP server or plans to implement one for the EMU?

Post subject: Re: PvP Server
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm 

Eventually yes in the current near future no.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:18 am 

You may have heard the expression, "All that and a bag of chips." Well to me that is what VG always was.

I realize on this site I am probably "preaching to the choir" we all have a deep love and understanding of what Vanguard was, obviously that is why we are here. A vast, beautiful world with a deep rich history. So many races with their own backgrounds and starting in their own racial cities. A deep crafting system that went way beyond spamming the "Click Create" button and crafted gear that actually made it all worthwhile. Diplomacy was a whole other game within a game that was also a ton of fun with it's own rewards that, like crafting, made it just as important as the adventuring aspects of the game. And don't forget about harvesting. My guild mates and I would spend countless hours just on harvesting parties. We took great pride in filling our guild chests with valuable resources to be used to better equip our members and friends. Sorry for rambling. I could go on and on, but as I said I'm just "preaching to the choir."

Back to my original point the, "bag of chips." For me, that bag of chips was the fact that I could enjoy all of these things, the adventuring, the crafting, the harvesting, the diplomacy without having to worry about getting grieved by a bunch of murdering pkers on a daily gankfest rampage.

I realize that for a lot of people that "bag of chips" is to be able to have their PvP too. I think that is great. I want everyone to be able to enjoy their chips. Chips for everyone I say.

I love everything I have seen here. I just hope that when all is said and done, that us anti-pvpers (a.k.a. carebears) have a server that we can call "home sweet home" and live in peace.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 am 

That was a beautiful post that really made me think back on the good ol' days of Vanguard and how much I miss it. I 100% agree with your thoughts on PvP. Many of the games that I've tried since Vanguard, I have abruptly quit because of the frustration of being ganked (generally by players of a much higher level) on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:05 am 

Right, but what you guys are complaining about is poorly implemented systems. A poorly implemented pvp system =/= all pvp systems. If Vanguard could implement it correctly, especially to fit lore...it makes sense. Because in any lore, certain factions and races war against each other. And if you value roleplay, you wouldn't want to live in a world where the only thing you fight is mobs...since that's not the least bit realistic.